Tuesday 21 December 2010

Narration script

I don't have a script for my film because there is no dialogue but there is narration involved of the letter that Henry finds, so I have to have a scrip for that and that is what I am writing next. This will not only give me a prop to us in filming but a basis of knowing what is going to be said when we record the narration.

This is the script for the letter that we see in my film opening. The letter is going to be narrated over the top of some of the film, so that the film opening and what the letter says can be understood. The narration is going to be recorded by Jess Batten another close friend and A level Drama student so she will be able to capture the emotion through her voice like is needed for my film.

“I don’t know how much time has passed between me leaving you and you reading this letter but I’m hoping not long as our daughter needs her father.

The reason I wrote this letter is to try and make you not blame our daughter for my death it wasn’t her fault. Giving birth and holding our little girl made me the happiest woman alive and to have risked dying and not feeling that love would have left my life incomplete.

I would love to believe that after my death you changed your mind and took our baby home with you but I know you better than that, you’re stubborn and your looking for someone to blame. Please Henry, our darling baby girl has already lost her mother don’t make her lose her father as well.

Love always
Olivia”

This took me a few copies to write as I felt that I needed to get it right and i was difficult to know what would have been said in an actual situation like this, which obviously I have never been in but now that I have written this narration/letter it feels right and I think this will be the final copy that I use in my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment